All council members are invited to volunteer and provide support by working with one of the following committees:
Philanthropic Engagement Committee
The Philanthropic Engagement Committee partners with the University to enhance life and learning on campus by securing parent support for The Penn Fund. Members help the University reach its fundraising goals by:
- Building relationships with fellow parents and encouraging membership in the Benjamin Franklin Society, a special recognition group for donors who give $2,500+ in a fiscal year
- Acting as ambassadors for the Council at University events and during the annual Penn Parents Day of Giving
- Developing fundraising strategies and identifying donor prospects in collaborating with the Director of Parent Outreach & Development
Outreach and Communications Committee
The Outreach and Communications Committee creates opportunities for parents to become informed and uniquely involved in the life of the University. Members are invited to:
- Foster an inclusive environment for all Penn parents by hosting and attending events such as regional Welcome Receptions and Penn Parents Salons
- Discuss topics that matter most to the Penn parent community
- Advise the Penn Parents team on communication strategies, including targeted feedback on Penn Parents magazine, monthly e-newsletters, welcome packets, and social media content.
The Programming Committee partners with the University to enhance the Penn parent experience by planning events to engage with parents and families. Members can:
- Host Regional Events, including the Summer Welcome Receptions and Parent Salons
- Assist with staffing campus events, such as Quaker Days, Alumni Weekend and New Parent and Family Orientation.
- Advise the Penn Parent team on event programming, such as event speakers and webinar topics.